Filling the lawn requires professional intervention or a good plan by amateur gardeners. You could create a great outdoor home if you have more space. If your outside space is scarce, there are plenty of tricks that could turn into an amazing place for privacy and outdoor relaxation for the whole family. Be sure to familiarize yourself with the many offers on the Internet to build beautiful borders, plant suitable vegetation, as well as many accessories – garden furniture, accessories and more.
10 Garden Design Ideas
- CreateShape – The first thing to think about is to outline the patio. This is an important point, since the whole composition depends on it. Specialists recommend that you focus on any shape other than a rectangle. Think of an oval, a circle, a square or some longer shape
- Choose the right vegetation – include both foliage and flowering vegetation, but distribute them properly. If you are a beginner, you should know that the best solution is to structure evergreen shrubs of great shape along the pathways or all over the garden. An interior project would be good to be built with flowers in appropriate shades with each other. It is important to achieve a harmonious and coordinated effect.
- Synchronize the pavement with vegetation – the color and type of pavement are extremely important for the whole project, so care must be taken in this direction. The gray and white flooring is suitable for almost every color, as well as the simplest – white. It gives a French accent. If you are looking for a more modern and stylish look, then bet on black or silver flooring with orange or yellow vegetation. If you decide to stick to English style, place it on a golden stone with pink or lavender color.
- Think of a flower garden all season – most vegetation shows its color in spring and summer. However, this means that for the rest of the time the garden will be dull and gloomy. There are many types of plants that bloom in other seasons, so consider including some. The more color there is throughout the year, the more mood it brings into the home. And when the sun is out, you can head for lunch right away or just spend some time outside – it will almost feel like summer.
- Plan enough space for a place to relax – outdoor furniture, swings, hammocks, tables and other places seating are important components for the overall interior and comfort of every family member. Choose them in a style that suits the rest of the garden. Remember to leave more space around them so you don’t have to enter the green spaces or flower beds to pull your chair and sit down.
- Create comfort zones – when you don’t have the smallest size, you could build almost second home outside – from rooms to play areas for children. Don’t forget to take care of the little ones out and about – they love to play in nature. Provide them with their own nook where you can watch them have fun for hours. It would be good to have a so-called “outside room” somewhere near them. A separate place may include gazebos, large tables, nearby barbecue, and many other extras. Furnishings can vary, both in terms of furniture of different materials, ornaments such as carpets, decorative pillows, etc.
- Do not overlook the main boundaries of the garden – this is about the type of fence. The choice to raise it is yours, but it is desirable that this element is not overlooked. The fence creates coziness and protects from outside views, even if it is just a hedge. You do not need to invest in expensive and modern fences, but simply focus on what suits you to the built outside space. The more indoors, the more privacy is created in the garden.
- Remember to install lighting – no matter what space you have, lighting is a must. You could aim for different modern lights with higher illumination, different lanterns in combination with different freckles surrounding the aisle and more. There are many possibilities, but light is one of the first things you can do when designing any type of garden. Creates a more romantic setting, an outdoor dining opportunity, and reflects all the composition you’ve created.
- Look for solutions to building small spaces instead of giving up on gardening – there are numerous ideas to make small space look more wider or longer. You can’t imagine how good the design of a small garden might look. Head to the vertical planting, build higher walls and fences, put hanging baskets, they do not take up space, buy folding chairs and tables, fill it with more, but smaller vegetation than with a more massive and bigger.
- Put focusing elements – The different types of baskets, water elements, candle holders, vases, soft coverings and decorations are a great addition to the garden. They bring extra color and style. They contribute to enhancing the cozy and warm atmosphere. Hanging elements are a great solution because they bring accent but do not fill the space in the garden.